- Ember goes indie, has a relaunch of sorts, drops “Americas” tag (mentions “new” menu as per our previous visit, but not sure if this is referring to another refresh, or the recently updated one that’s currently in place.)
- Iguana also goes indie, seasonal rotating menu coming soon.
- Chim Choo Ree scored One Hat, Victoria Street Bistro and Palate awarded Two Hats respectively in Cuisine Awards 2017.
- Hog’s Breath closes down and I’m sure some people cared. Our best wishes to the staff.
- Name revealed for The Lawrenson Group’s latest dig-up in Greenhill, opening next month.
- Unveiled plan for the new theatre/performing arts/music precinct includes plans to restore a boutique hotel on its site, no word on whether EasyTiger and Bluestone are staying (but plans suggest yes)
Got any news you’d like to share? Let us know below.